At Black Diamond Iron Doors, customer satisfaction is our number one priority. We strive to provide our clients with superior service, quality, and communication. In order to ensure a clear agreement and understanding of the Black Diamond Iron Doors terms and conditions, please review the following content prior to placing an order through our website. Access and uses of this website are subject to all applicable laws, along with the terms listed below:
WARRANTY / DISCLAIMER
- Black Diamond Iron Doors guarantees that all iron doors and other products sold through our website will be free from defect in material and craftsmanship for a one year period upon purchase. Broken glass is not covered.
- Black Diamond Iron Doors will provide touch up paint and parts under our expressed limited warranty for a one-year period upon purchase.
- Exposure to natural elements and frequent use is expected to cause Black Diamond Iron Doors, windows, and other products purchased and ordered through our site to naturally age. Although Black Diamond Iron Doors Iron Doors are galvanized, we do not recommend direct exposure to water, any damages or changes to the products brought on by frequent use or exposure to the elements is considered an organic process that cannot be prevented, and is not thought to be a defect that is covered by the terms and conditions of this site. Any exposure to moisture/water may lead to rust as this is a metal product if not wiped immediately.
- Black Diamond Iron Doors products are handmade and individually built in our factory. Minor differences in these products are normal and to be expected to achieve the “handmade” look, so this will not be considered a defect. We do not provide warranty for rust. Rust is a direct result of water. Rust arises from a lack of an overhang protecting your door or window, or from directly hosing or washing off your door with water. All products require an overhang to prevent any type of water damage.
- Stock orders ship within 2-10 days, unless otherwise noted. A custom order takes approximately 90-150 days for delivery but could take longer during periods of high demand or supply chain issues.
- Because Black Diamond Iron Doors ships doors to all 50 states, Black Diamond Iron Doors does not guarantee that the content presented on this site fulfills building codes, ordinances, or regulations for any specific application or any jurisdiction, without Black Diamond Iron Doors’ written agreement.
- Black Diamond Iron Doors is not responsible for any city or state codes regarding the doors (ADA, NFRC, Title 24, Thermal Broken (sweating or ice), Hurricane Tested, Swing Codes, etc.).
- Black Diamond Iron Doors receives new inventory daily and while we try our best to maintain an accurate online inventory, Black Diamond Iron Doors is not responsible for website accuracy.
- Sweating doors, or acceptable application of your door to local codes and weather, is not covered. Water penetration under any door’s threshold or seals with flooding or wind-blown rain is not covered. Threshold water seepage is a common issue caused by environmental factors and construction gradation, especially on double doors. To prevent against condensation, thermal break doors are available for custom orders but we cannot guarantee that condensation will never occur.
- Black Diamond Iron Doors warranty excludes glass damage (as glass is inspected before delivery or shipping), glass seal damage, weather stripping, finish weathering, and any damage caused by accident, misuse, abuse, over spray, modifications, over cleaning, chemicals, organic breakdown, or improper installation.
- Damage done as a result of mishandling is not covered.
- Warranty is non-transferable.
- Issues with clearance and door reveal are always the result of an improper install issue and will not be covered.
- Minor touch-up should be expected; is not deemed defective; and is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or their installer.
- Black Diamond Iron Doors is not responsible for any city or state codes regarding the doors.
- Black Diamond Iron Door reserves the right to cancel any order that can arise from many unforeseen factors including but not limited to limited inventory, unmet expectations, delays, supply chain issues, etc.
- Black Diamond Iron Doors will not be responsible for any labor costs associated with repairs once a door has been installed.
- Black Diamond Iron Doors will not be liable for any issues that arise between you and your installer or your installation.
- Black Diamond Iron Doors will not be responsible for damages or installation of hardware or hardware related issues, including but not limited to:
- The third hole drilled by the installer for the lower lock area is not aligned. The damage is caused when installers over tighten the lock to compensate the unaligned hole that was drilled. The tightening of the lock causes pressure on the door finish leading to marks and scratches around that area. The tighten of the lock also causes slight bowing of the lock in the center.
- Attempting to straighten or align the lock after the screws have been installed on the lock. Aligning a lock should be done before the screws are put in.
- Multiple attempts to install the lock.
- Bubbling paint or scratches that occur around the lock area is caused by improper installation methods or techniques used to correct the installation.
Liability Limitation - Our express limited warranty sets forth our maximum liability for our products. No one is authorized to modify or expand this express limited warranty. The absolute limit of our liability is the product purchase price from Black Diamond Iron Doors. We shall not be liable for special, indirect, consequential, incidental, or punitive damages of any kind and all such claims are waived to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Your sole or exclusive remedy with respect to any and all losses and damages resulting from any cause whatsoever as specified herein.
Custom Orders – Custom ordered doors take ~16-22 weeks to build. The customer will provide all the necessary information in order for Black Diamond Iron Doors to build the product. Black Diamond Iron Doors is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by the customer to complete the order. We provide a CAD drawing which must be approved and signed for by the customer before any order enters production.
Once order has entered production, custom orders cannot be returned or swapped for a replacement. Black Diamond Iron Doors is not responsible for delays caused by supply chain, shipping, and unforeseen circumstances. Black Diamond Iron Doors has the right to cancel custom orders at any time due to delays, unmet customer expectations, supply chain issues, etc.
We require a 50% non-refundable deposit to build the order with the balance due when order is ready to ship. Black Diamond Iron Doors will reach out to let you know when the order is ready to ship or pickup.
We allow free storage of 60 days on custom orders if balance is paid. If balance is not paid within 120 days of door completion, Black Diamond Iron Doors has the right to dispose or sell the order.
Cold Weather – Iron doors are made of steel and are subject to possible thermal transfer, which could result in condensation build up on the interior portion of the door during extremely cold time periods.
Metal is a poor conductor by nature. When the temperature varies greatly between the inside vs. outside of the home - foam is not a sufficient barrier, and a thermal barrier will be needed so that the cold will not transfer from the outside of the home in.
We recommend purchasing a thermally broken door in areas where the temperature can vary greatly to prevent heat transfer and condensation from occurring inside the home.
During the winter months when there are sustained periods of extreme cold, when temperatures drop below the 25-degree threshold, is when you may notice the above stated thermal transfer. While many factors effect energy efficiency, it is always best to check with your contractor about building codes in your specific area.
Black Diamond Iron Doors offers no warranty as to the suitability of using this product in a cold climate. Condensation and frosting are possible and in fact likely to occur when installed in cold climates.
Sidelights & Transoms - All Doors with knockdown sidelights and/or transoms come un-assembled and may require holes to be drilled to complete installation. Holes may need to be drilled through metal on door jamb and/or sidelight. Doors, jambs, sidelights and/or transoms may come with pre-drilled holes that may not be required to use, instead, new holes may be required to be made by the installer to complete the installation. Will need to be sealed with silicon before assembly.
Clearance - All Black Diamond Iron Doors clearance products are sold "as is" and as such Black Diamond Iron Doors disclaims any and all implied warranties. We make no other warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability and of fitness for a particular purpose to the original purchaser or to any subsequent user of the product, except as expressly contained herein. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the goods is with the buyer. In the event state or provincial law precludes exclusion or limitation of implied warranties, the duration of any such warranties shall be no longer than, and the time and manner of presenting any claim thereon shall be the same as, that provided in the express warranty stated herein.
We reserve the right to improve products, make changes in specifications, designs and options without prior notice and without incurring obligation.
Indemnity - The client agrees to indemnify and hold Black Diamond Iron Doors and its affiliates harmless from and against any and all liability, claims, losses, costs, and expenses including but not limited to attorneys’ fees that rise from the client’s violation or breach of these Terms and Conditions, arising from the client’s violation of any third party’s rights such as trademark, copyright, proprietary and privacy rights, or regulation or ordinance. This indemnification and hold harmless obligation will survive the termination of these Terms and Conditions.
Copyright - Please note that all content on this site (text, graphics, specifications, logos, drawings, designs, etc.) is the property of Black Diamond Iron Doors and protected by United States and International copyright laws. Except as otherwise specifically provided on the site, none of the material may be copied, reproduced, downloaded, distributed, republished, displayed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of Black Diamond Iron Doors.
LTL Truck Deliveries
We charge a flat rate of shipping per order, based on location. For multiple door orders, please contact us for a better shipping rate. Truck deliveries are shipped via LTL common carrier. At Black Diamond Iron Doors, we do everything in our power to ensure that we deliver your products in the shortest time and at the best rate available.
Please note that as the customer, you are solely responsible for any costs or fees (including but not limited to storage and re-delivery) that is a result of the inability to take the delivery on the date and time it has been scheduled. The shipping company will contact the customer directly in order to schedule the delivery. For your convenience, a tracking number and any other delivery information will be given to you once your order ships from Black Diamond Iron Doors. After your approval for shipment, if for any reason you cannot accept delivery of the door, you will be responsible for any storage fees charged by the shipping company. Black Diamond Iron Doors will not be able to authorize your delivery without collecting those storage fees in advance.
Black Diamond Iron Doors will include a lift-gate on the shipment. However, if the unit is over 95", the carrier will more likely require a forklift be on hand at the destination to unload the product. Our larger, heavier doors require more sophisticated equipment to deliver. Charges for this service depend on the carrier’s policies. If you do not have a forklift on-site, the order can be picked up at the freight carriers nearest terminal.
Deliveries will require you to have a minimum of 3-4 able bodied persons on site to offload. While the shipping company may be able to use the lift gate, it is against LTL Safety Guidelines for them to operate a lift gate if there is any overhang. Most of our products are longer than any standard lift gate, which is why you will need three able bodied persons on site to offload from inside the truck in the event that the driver does not feel comfortable operating the lift gate. It is the customer's responsibility to have enough assistance to disassemble the crate and take the product to the designated area. Please note that this is a physical job for more than two people in good physical shape.
ALL LTL DELIVERIES WILL BE CURBSIDE AND WILL NOT DELIVER UP A DRIVEWAY OR IN A GARAGE. It is the customers responsibility to safely transport the package from the curb to the place of storage which is why we recommend having 2-3 people to help unload.
**IMPORTANT** Delivery Restrictions May Apply If Streets Are:
- Too Narrow
- One Way
- On a Hill
- In Any Situation In Which Truck Might Be Compromised To Enter
If this is the case, the customer or builder may pick up the unit from the carrier’s terminal in which the carrier will load the buyer’s vehicle.
Black Diamond Iron Doors is responsible for making direct payments to the shipping and delivery vendors.
For your convenience, a tracking number and any other delivery information will be given to you once your order ships from Black Diamond Iron Doors.
Flat Bed / Trailer Deliveries: If multiple doors are being shipped and require more than 2 pallets when shipping via LTL freight, a flatbed may be the required form of shipment. With flatbed orders, a representative will contact you via phone or email to discuss the process before having the order picked up. A forklift may be required to unload which is the sole responsibility of the customer.
There is no set date/time for flatbed deliveries. It is your responsibility to make sure you are there for offload at the time the driver arrives. You will have 30-45 minutes to offload your order. Most of our doors require 2-3 (sometimes 4) able bodied persons to lift and remove doors and frames from the flatbed. For larger orders, please make sure you have more manpower in order to offload within the time limits. Black Diamond Iron Doors is not liable for any charges that may occur due to non adherence to the above information.
Local Pickup: Local pickup service is free and available at the Black Diamond Iron Doors Houston facility located at:
12613 Executive Dr #712, Stafford, TX 77477
Please make sure to contact us to confirm your order and ensure that it is ready for pick up prior to arriving.
Black Diamond Iron Doors will bring doors to your vehicle. Buyer needs two or three people to load their door and other products. Black Diamond Iron Doors will help loading if necessary, but Black Diamond Iron Doors and their staff are not liable for any damage done to your vehicle or the manner in which it is loaded. Black Diamond Iron Doors will not secure your load and the buyer must provide their own tie downs/straps. Buyer or buyers’ representatives picking up doors and or other items are solely responsible for any damage to vehicle and merchandise as well as securing of your load and the suitability of the vehicle for the transport of items purchased. It is recommended to transport doors on their side to help protect the seal of the glass. Water damage that occurs by allowing water inside door can affect paint, care should be used to prevent water from reaching the inside foam. Black Diamond Iron Doors will not be responsible for any damages that occur during loading, transit, and unloading of doors, including but not limited to broken or scratched glass.
Shipping Destinations: We ship to any residential or commercial address within the United States. All of our doors are shipped safely and secured in a pallet, specifically designed to protect your products.
Processing Times: Orders are processed and shipped Monday through Friday. Black Diamond Iron Doors, LLC ships from Houston, Texas.
For security reasons, voice confirmation may be required before we can process your credit card for payment. If the item(s) on your order are in-stock, we will ship them as soon as possible from our main Houston, Texas warehouse. If the item(s) on your order are out of stock, they will not be shipped until we have received and processed the backordered inventory in our warehouse.
Time for Delivery: Total time is based on the amount of time to get payment authorization, order processing, palletizing, and the transit time from the carrier. You can check the status of your order at anytime by calling a Black Diamond Iron Doors representative or sending us an e-mailing with your questions.
Inspection and Claims: Black Diamond Iron Doors takes extra precaution to inspect each product prior to shipment. We take the extra step to make sure to carefully package the product(s) with protective materials in order to avoid any possible damages during delivery. Black Diamond Iron Doors is not liable for any damages that occur during, upon, or after delivery.
Visible Damage(s): The consignee should inspect the freight for damage(s) and record any obvious damage to the crate upon delivery. Under NMFC rules, the consignee does not have the right to open and inspect the shipping containers prior to signing for the freight. If the condition of the shipping package is such that there is good reason to suspect major damage, please DO NOT open the freight package and refuse the shipment. Contact Black Diamond Iron Doors Customer Service immediately and report refusal. Please note, by refusing the shipment, you will most likely wait anywhere from 3-5 weeks to receive resolution. If minimal damage is presented on the package, the consignee MUST notify the carrier of all the details of the damage ( i.e. torn packaging material, black mark on the container, etc.).
Concealed Damage(s): When damage is discovered after delivery, it should be reported to the Black Diamond Iron Doors Customer Service immediately. Once contact has been made, consignee will file claim with carrier. Black Diamond Iron Doors will provide this information. The carrier may complete an inspection. Please hold the freight and shipping container until resolution is given.
*IMPORTANT: For both visible and concealed damages, consignee must report any damage marks on container to the carrier during delivery to be considered for a claim resolution. Failing to do so will result in an unrewarded claim. The carrier and Black Diamond Iron Doors are not responsible for any un-reported claim. Black Diamond Iron Doors will decide if repair or replacement is necessary. Black Diamond Iron Doors is not responsible for any costs associated with shipping a new replacement door, re-installation of products, etc.
Shipping Disclaimers: Black Diamond Iron Doors, LLC. assumes no responsibility or liability for damage(s) to the product and/or personal injury to an individual or any other issue that may arise from the delivery process.
IF THE DELIVERY ADDRESS IS INACCESSIBLE OR INVALID, CUSTOMER AGREES TO PAY THE PURCHASE ORDER AMOUNT AND THE ADDITIONAL DELIVERY CHARGES. WE STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST PICKING UP THE ORDER FROM THE FREIGHT COMPANY`S TERMINAL OR ANY LOCATION OTHER THAN THE DELIVERY ADDRESS, SINCE BLACK DIAMOND IRON DOORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES.
BLACK DIAMOND IRON DOORS IS NOT LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OTHER THAN THOSE MENTIONED ON THE FREIGHT COMPANY`S DELIVERY RECEIPT.
Installation and/or use of any door product constitutes customer's acceptance. No damage or shortage claim can be made once a door/unit has been installed!
Inquiries: If you have a question concerning our Shipping Policy please e-mail us at email@example.com
Risk Of Loss - All items purchased from Black Diamond Iron Doors are made in accordance with a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon tender of the item to the carrier.
Title and risk of loss to products passes to Buyer on shipment from our facility or the date that storage fees start. Loss or damage that occurs after title of product passes to the buyer is the responsibility of the Buyer. Designs may alter or change if a screen is added to the door or order (this is most commonly the case with doors with knuckles).
If you have any questions regarding the terms and conditions specified above, get in touch with us by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome any questions or concerns that may arise.