You have no items in your shopping cart.
Are you ready to transform your home and add curb appeal with a steel French door? Did you know there are many different designs of black French steel doors?
We will go over the history of steel French doors, the different designs, and why they have become so trendy in recent years due to their versatility and timeless style that can complement the look of any home design. Black Diamond Iron Doors has many different luxury steel French doors & steel bi-fold doors in-stock and ready to ship today.
History of Steel French Doors
- Steel French doors were made famous in the early 1900’s and are named after the steel factories that had these doors.
- Steel French doors are characterized by their slim black steel design that is minimal and large glass surface area.
- Steel doors are made using a variety of manufacturing methods including steel tubing, hot rolled steel, and cold rolled steel.
- While steel is much more expensive than aluminum, steel is much stronger than aluminum and steel French doors on old factories from the 1920’s can still be seen today in perfect condition.
Steel French Door Designs
- The main design differences between steel French doors are in the number of window or lite each door has.
- Our steel French doors come in TDL which means each window pane is a separate window and is divided by the steel in between the window panes.
- For example, we manufacture steel French entry doors in a 3 lite, 6 lite, and 8 lite (shown below).
Steel French Door - 3 Lite
Steel French Door - 6 Lite
Steel French Door - 8 Lite
- 3 lite steel French door will have less steel bars, bigger windows, and more glass area than a similar sized 8 lite steel French entry door.
- Steel French interior doors can match the exterior doors so that the lines match to give a modern look all throughout the home.
- Steel French doors with glass are mostly the low E clear glass which is clear on the inside with a reflective tint on the outside to help block harmful UV rays and conserve energy inside the home.
Why Steel French Doors Are Becoming Popular
- Fast forward to today, steel French doors are very trendy and provide a classic yet modern look at the same time that never seems to go out of style.
- Steel French doors are known for their versatility and simple look. Steel French doors can be made using the same design on all types of doors: entry doors, exterior doors, patio doors, bi-fold doors, accordion doors so that each door perfectly matches every other door on the house.
- Steel patio doors allow for sunlight to shine directly into the house to really light up the room.
- Steel Bi-fold doors can be opened so that your living room can become an outdoor patio.
- Steel French doors match very nicely with black steel windows and many people purchase both for their houses.
- Black metal French doors work well for both residential and commercial properties.
- Steel French doors can be connected to steel windows or sidelights to give a unique floor to ceiling opening that can transform rooms into open and inviting spaces.
Black Diamond Iron Doors offers a variety of black steel windows and doors to fit any opening. We keep in-stock french steel doors and can make custom french steel doors and windows for any opening for exterior, entry, patio, bi-fold, and sliding doors. Shop our in-stock black steel French door inventory here.